Data Migration Manager: Salesforce.com
Ziggy
2008-06-10 03:28:00 UTC
Hi

The MS CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager has a pre-loaded data map for
Salesforce.com but it just won't work out of the box...

After 2.5 days 'trying' (and fixing things like Field Lengths that are too
short (Ntext) even when this new attribute is created with DMM) I'm getting
very frustrated...

Does anyone know what the following upload error message means?

"An error has occurred. Please see the log file for more information."
"Generic SQL error."
--
Thanks
Ziggy
GrizzlyTech
2008-06-10 20:37:01 UTC
geez , do any of the DM Maps actually work???!!!!

I did a SF to MSCRM 3.0 migration, and just found it far easier to have the
client export the SF data to a spreadsheet via a SF.com view, and then I did
all the mappings in DM myself. (yeah, not easy but at least it worked). And
that way I limited the fields that I had to deal with.
--
Grizz
Ziggy
Ziggy