Data migration into MSCRM
Tony Adams
2004-10-10 02:53:54 UTC
We are currently using Act 6 in our small office and we
would like to install MSCRM. What is the best way to
mirgrate all data from Act to CRM? Does MSCRM have a
built in migration tool or do we need to use a 3rd party
product?

Thanks
Tony
Stephen Redmond
2004-10-10 11:50:35 UTC
Hi Tony,

You need to use Scribe Insight. They have some pre-built Adapter for ACT!
and MSCRM (in fact, you buy the product "Scribe Insight for Microsoft CRM")
and have pre-built data maps for the ACT! to MSCRM migration.

The great thing is that you don't need to shell out $4000 for the full
product - there is a 45-day "migrate" license available for $495 (or a
90-day for $995).

Stephen
Tony
Fredy
2004-10-11 06:37:01 UTC

I have a cheaper solution. I installed Exporter for Act
(http://www.jltechnical.com/Exporter.htm), exported it into an Access
database and then I fetched the data into the Migration Database "CDF" with a
DTS.
Shure, to develop the DTS and all Stored Proceedures was not cheeper than
the Migration Licence of Scribe. But It had also a good learning effect.
So, If you are a reseller of Microsoft CRM and you probably need to do
migration processes more than once, I would prefer my solution.
Else you better go with Scribe.

Regards Fredy
Tony
Tony Adams
.
Linda
2004-10-12 18:36:33 UTC
I wish you luck importing your data. Unfortunately,
scribe sees every contact as an account. We certainly
have the ACT data, but it is largely trash. I suggest you
do a manual data entry if you don't have too many records,
you'll probably need to touch every record anyway.

Linda
.
Stephen Redmond
2004-10-12 22:07:51 UTC
Hi Linda,

Scribe will only see every contact as an Account if the Company field is not
populated.

You should always ensure that the company name is populated for add contacts
prior to an import.

Stephen